Thursday, February 23, 2006

Today's Photo

Olympic Knitting progress as of this morning. Sorry for the dark photo, but there isn't much natural light in my living room at 7:00 am. :)



At this point, I'm 10 rows shy of completing this half of the jacket. I had hoped to power through and finish last night, but I was just too tired. So, today I will knit these last few rows, and then start on the second half of the jacket.

Obviously, I have no hope of completing this by Sunday afternoon. I've decided that I'll keep going until then, and then take a break from this project for a few days. I'm enjoying it, but the knitting is pretty monotonous and the yarn can be a bit frustrating at times. I calculated last night that there are about 60,000 stitches in each half of this jacket, and it'll take me about 50 hours to complete each half. This is definitely the biggest knitting projected I've ever taken on, and I'll be glad when it's finally complete. I think my overall goal is to be done by March 15th so it'll be available to wear as the weather gets warmer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home