Thursday, February 16, 2006

Photo Update

Finally, some photos of my Olympic Knitting progress.

End of Day One:

Cuff, and one color band done.

End of Day Two:

First set of sleeve increases done.

End of Day Three:

Second set of sleeve increases done, and body increases done.

End of Day Five (yup, no Day Four photo, sorry):

Continuing with the body; first color band done, second color band in progress.

The Day Five photo is where I was before I started knitting last night; I'll post a pic of last night's progress tomorrow or over the weekend.

At this point it seems pretty clear to me that I have no hope of finishing on time; I estimate that it'll take me between 5 and 7 days to finish the left half of the jacket (it takes about an hour to knit each 4-row repeat, there are 5 repeats per color band, and I have 5 1/2 bands to go), and then there's still the right half. I am not a fast knitter.

Oh, and sorry for the crappy photos. This thing is almost impossible to photograph well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home