Monday, February 27, 2006

On to Beijing!

Well, I definitely didn't win a gold medal at these Knitting Olympics. As of the closing ceremonies yesterday, I had completed the left half of the jacket and the right sleeve. I plan to take my time finishing it off, and to intersperse it with some other projects over the next 2 weeks or so.

The Rainbow Jacket was definitely a fun project, and I'm glad I started it - I had had the kit for 4 years and never really got anywhere with it. However, it definitely wasn't the best choice for me. I'm not a terribly fast knitter, and this project had far too much volume for someone like me. It also gets terribly monotonous once you finish the first sleeve, so it was (and still is!) hard to stay interested and motivated.

Overall, though, this was definitely a positive experience. I had fun watching other knitters' progress, and watching some exciting sports on TV. When I finish, I'll have a neat looking jacket to brighten up my wardrobe, and enough yarn left over for another, smaller project. This experience also helped me learn that my eyes are definitely bigger than my fingers, and that I should try to get a better sense of the volume involved in a project before committing to a deadline (though I do love the sound deadlines make as they fly by!).

Pictures tomorrow, and updates as I continue along towards the belated end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home