Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sockapal2za...

Finally, photographic proof that I've been working on my Sockapal2za socks:



I'm using the "Unst" pattern from Knitting on the Road, in Patons Kroy. Unfortunately, I grossly underestimated how much yarn I would need for these socks - I made the leg shorter, thinking that would accomodate the fewer yards in the skeins of Kroy, but it totally didn't work - so I had to stop the first sock about an inch short of the toe while I waited for a rescuer from the Knitlist to send me a ball of Kroy out of their stash. The colors don't really match up, so I think I'm going to dye these after they've finished. Or, in an insane stroke of luck, the second skein will mysteriously have an extra 50 yards of yarn, and I'll be able to finish both socks from the same dyelot. Uh huh.

One of my coworkers is having a baby in a few weeks, so we had a shower for her in the office about 2 weeks ago. I used it as a good opportunity to knit up some fun, quick baby clothes:



(All together now... "Awww.")

I used Lion Brand MicroSpun, since it came in some great kiddie colors, and it was machine washable [I absolutely detest it for it's insane tendency to split all the time, but at least baby clothes are small projects]. The pattern for the jacket is in the Summer '05 Interweave Knits. The hat is just a smaller adaptation of any basic ribbed hat pattern. I plan to make one more set of these for a friend of Andrew's, who is also expecting a child in September.

This is one damn slow knitter, signing off... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home