Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Sockapalooza!

Well, almost 2 months after the end date, I finally received my pair of Sockapalooza socks in the mail. It turns out my original buddy waffled on me, so a generous knitter named Marti stepped up to knit me a substitute pair. Thanks, Marti!



I love these socks! They're knitted in Koigu, in the diagonal rib pattern from Interweave Knits. Needless to say, they fit perfectly, and are super comfortable. I couldn't have asked for a better pair of socks to be knit for me. :)

I also finished my Flower Basket Shawl over the weekend while Andrew and I were up in Woodbridge spending Mother's Day with Marcia (sigh, only mere miles from MDS&W). The weekend was a bit long and tiring, but at least I had plenty of knitting time. I need to get some blocking pins and give it a good soaking, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out. Not that I have any idea what I'll do with it. I know I'd never wear it, and can't think of anyone I know who would want it. I'll hang on to it and see if a good recipient appears....


Sorry for the long gap between posts - it was a long weekend, and the week itself has been a bit busy. I hope the rest of the week goes well for everyone. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home