Sunday, May 01, 2005

The Blog Next Door

Okay, no political or religious rants today, I promise.



Meet my Flower Basket Shawl. No clue what I'll actually do with this when it's done (I'm 90% sure I'll never wear it), but I had a sudden urge to make one, and it's a great way to use up the cotton yarn that's been lingering in my stash for several years. Maybe I'll give it to my mother for Mother's Day. Which reminds me, I should buy her a card this week....



I started a new pair of socks, these with a double strand of Regia (sorry, the color number is downstairs with the yarn). They knit up awfully quick on size 2's, although I'm a bit concerned they'll be slightly too large for the intended recipient. We'll see. The pattern is very simple: k4,p4 for 4 rows, then k 4 rows. I liked the chunky/boxy look the pattern gave, while still having a bit of stretch (which is irrelevant, since I think the socks might be too big. Welcome to my life).



Finally, my first complete Multi Effects sock. I love this yarn. I finished this sock last weekend, and haven't started the second one yet. It's not in danger of becoming a UFO, I'm just realistic about the fact that it's too warm for wool socks now, and I've got other things to knit that are slightly more pressing. (In the meantime, I've started another pair of wool socks for a gift. What was I saying about the weather?)

No pictures of Charlotte, since there's not much to show at present. I put her down to work on the Flower Basket Shawl, which I think was a good idea. I haven't done a whole lot of lace knitting, so the FBS with the thicker yarn on bigger needles will be a good learning experience before I try to continue on with Charlotte. In the meantime, she's resting happily at row 26 with her first lifeline in.

Okay, that's all folks! I'm off to make dinner, and prepare for the return of Family Guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home