Friday, April 08, 2005

The Coffee Table

I'm devoting an entire post to my new coffee table. One, because it was a gift. Two, because I have no real knitting news.

Andrew's brother Matt offered to buy us a coffee table as a birthday present to Andrew last July (or maybe it was a housewarming gift - sources conflict). Needless to say, it took us a short while to actually pick one out. Finally, after months of "you know, we really should get Matt to buy us that coffee table one of these days," Andrew and I finally picked one out. It arrived on Wednesday night (hence my previous post), and is now put together and gracing our now fully-furnished living room.


Notice what's on the TV. Yeah, it's baseball.

The finished product:


Pardon the phonebooks. We just bought the rug to go under the table, and it's still in that "wavy" stage. The table looks awesome, and is already serving its purpose beautifully. Even better, given that there are two humanities scholars in the house, we already have a ton of coffee-table books laying around. I'm resisting the urge to spice things up with "Lord of the Rings: Weapons and Warfare." ;)

And just for the record, I did help a little with the assembly. I do, after all, have to remind Andrew that I'm not completely helpless when it comes to furniture assembly, just reluctant to get my hands dirty. :)

Thanks Matt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home