Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Bookbookbook!

It's official - the bookbookbook has arrived in Charlottesville.


I'm about 2/3rds through right now. Page 41 is currently my favorite (in which it is suggested that we should remind our significant others, when they complain about our yarn stashes, that we could be collecting cabbage instead).

A later page, discussing the need to accept the consequences of knitting lace without a lifeline, spoke to me while knitting this:


Wait, says you, that's not a knitted object, it's a ball of yarn all by itself. Yes, says I, that is indeed what it is. Hopefully the third time's the charm for me, Helen's Lace, and Charlotte's Web. So far we've stalled out twice, this last time at row 35. Apparently knitting lace and I don't go well together when Buffy is involved. I guess three really is a crowd. :)

One of my co-workers is having a baby in about 6 weeks, so I decided to knit her a baby blanket. It's a great way for me to use up that Patons Grace yarn I bought about 4 months ago.


I'm knitting it flat since I had serious issues with the set-up rows, and I'll seam it up at the end. Right now it's about 26 inches wide, and I'd like to get to at least 40 if possible. Or just knit until I run out of yarn, whichever comes first. Right now I have about 300 stitches per row, so I can only manage about 10 rows per night, but I have 6 days until the baby shower, so... well, I was about to say something upbeat and optimistic here, but I guess that would be misguided. Yeah...

And for tonight's adventure, Andrew and I are putting together our new coffee table:


Okay, okay, I'll be honest. Andrew is putting together the table while he watches baseball, and I'm up here blogging. But I'm providing moral support by not telling him how he's obviously doing it wrong, nor criticizing him for watching baseball when he should so clearly be doing homework. (See all those bluebooks on the kitchen table in the top right of the photo? My darling TA needs to grade all those suckers.)

Okay, back to the baby blanket... maybe I can eek out another inch tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home