Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Socks Away!

No pictures today, since I was too busy watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer last night. I have to say, this whole "TV shows on DVD" thing has really been my undoing over the last few months. I forsee the acquiring of many discs of Buffy in my future. (I can't believe I just said that in public.) In my defense, I'm also a Family Guy and Sex in the City fan. I'm not completely hopeless.

Okay, enough about me...

The Sockapalooza socks are away! I posted them this afternoon, and as my buddy is just up in Baltimore, I think she'll have them by Thursday at the latest. I put a little note in there, and tried to think of something funny and witty to say, but my wit always seems to fail me when I'm under pressure. Which probably says a lot about this blog.

In other news, the new Star Wars trailer is online, and free now (thank you, George. As if you didn't already have enough money...). As a Star Wars fan, I have already watched the trailer more than once, and anticipate watching it several more times between now and May 19. May 19, of course, being a vacation day from work, given that I couldn't possibly wait until 7:00 pm to see Star Wars. What did I say about not being completely hopeless? And yes, it is entirely possible that I will also take July 18th off from work so I can finish reading the newly-released Harry Potter. Depends on how verbose Ms. Rowling got in this one.

I did my bracket for the men's NCAA tournament. Not that I'm a basketball fan, or that I in any way want to encourage Andrew to watch more basketball, but since I have watched quite a bit of b-ball this season, and I enjoy a good puzzle-ish challenge, I thought I'd give this a whirl. I'll post a link to my bracket later, and keep a running commentary on my successes. I'm tempted to reward myself for getting sections right, but honestly - it's all dumb luck for me, so it wouldn't be quite fair.

Back to knitting! Today marks the 3-month anniversary of my Yarn Non-Buying Agreement. So far, I haven't died from withdrawl, although I have acquired a suspicious number of knitting books over the last few months. I chalk that up to the broadening that knitblogs have done to my horizons, not a displaced need for yarn. Besides, buying knitting books gives me new ways to use up yarn, so (in the words of my old roommate), it's all good. ;)

Oh, and for real knitting news, I have 1 1/2 inches to go on the foot of my first 5001 sock, then on to the toe. Barring disasters, I think it'll be done tomorrow night.

1 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

I was a closet Buffy fan too, but no longer because it's a great show and nothing to be ashamed of!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home