Friday, March 18, 2005

Hmm...

I wrote this great ranting post on Wednesday about the evilness of the Senate's approval of drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Then Blogger ate my post. I've since concluded that Blogger must be run by Republicans. Okay, not really, but the thought made me feel better for a while.

Anyhoo, I finished the first of the Opal 5001 socks on Wednesday night:


I'm really pleased with the way it's turned out. I haven't started the second one yet (I worked on my striped CIC scarf last night), but I'm going to try and have the pair done by next weekend to give me good luck for my NCAA picks.

Speaking of my picks, you can see a screenshot of my bracket here. Andrew set up an online group with Yahoo that automatically keeps track of our points as each game ends. Right now I have 11 points, Matt has 13, and Andrew has 15. Andrew and I have a bet going; if he wins, I buy him a season of ER. If I win, he buys me a season of Buffy.

Speaking of Buffy... I find myself getting more and more hooked on the show, but I can't decide if I'm actually hooked on the show itself, or just on the doomed romance between Angel and Buffy. I watched two episodes last night (I'm on the second season). The first involved Xander falling for some re-embodied Incan mummy girl (he has terrible, terrible tase in women), and wasn't (in my opinion) all that good of an episode. The second one involved Buffy's inability to ask Angel on a date, thus leading her (eventually) to get drugged at a frat party where the brothers try to sacrifice her to some wierd worm/human/demon thing that's living in a well in the basement of their house (I knew there was a reason I didn't date frat guys). That one I liked. I think my favorite part was the scene where Willow is staring intently at the window that Angel is standing in front of (and not reflecting in), and then she suddenly blurts out "Angel, how do you shave?" Which, now that I think about it, is a really good question.

Okay, moving on with my life. My Sockapalooza pal left me a comment saying that she had gotten her socks, and that they fit well. (Feel that big sigh of relief?) I was very glad to hear that they arrived safely, and were the appropriate size. My socks still haven't appeared yet, but I'm hopeful for today or over the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home