Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A Comment Apology

I would like to apologize to everyone who has left a comment on my blog that I haven't responded to (which, I think, would be all of you). It's only mostly my fault, I swear. :)

A while back I switched from the Blogspot comments (which I really didn't like) to HaloScan (which I really did like). I went with the free HaloScan membership, meaning I was never notified when a new comment was left. No biggie, I check my most recent post each day when I went to read the blogs on my sidebar. Sadly, it didn't occur to me that someone would leave a comment on an old post. Much to my horror, I discovered about a week ago, that there were comments on old posts that I had never read or responded to.

Back to HaloScan I went, and I donated $15 to upgrade to their "premium" membership, which includes an email whenever a new comment is left. I upgraded, did all my confirmation stuff, and it was smooth sailling from there. I was a little disappointed though, that in the last week there have been no new comments on my blog.

Uh, no. To my further horror, this morning I discovered three comments on my most recent post. Of course, I had received no emails letting me know about the new comments. I thought that maybe the notifications were landing up in my junk mail, so I left myself a test comment, and waited to see what would happen.

No email, that's what.

Back to HaloScan I went. I confirmed that I was, indeed, signed up for the premium membership. I read all kinds of help things and FAQ's. Nothing conclusive. Then I checked my account settings, thinking that maybe there was some freaky problem that allowed me to receive all emails from HaloScan, except the ones letting me know I had comments. There I found it.

It turns out that after you sign up for the premium membership, you then have to go in and actually activate the email-me-when-I-have-comments feature. I guess I missed that step last week. So now, Buddha willing, all should be well in my comment world.

Because of all this, I would like to apolgize to anyone who has left a comment on my blog. I do greatly appreciate all the kind words you've said, from compliments on my knitting, to sympathy for my knittng slump, to admiration of the lovely spring flowers (now burried under 6 inches of snow) here on campus. I, like most bloggers, love to receive comments and know that someone out there in cyberspace is actually reading my words and viewing my pictures. Please know that my lack of response isn't because I'm rude or don't care, but because I'm not thorough. So thank you all, and I promise I'll try to do better in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home