Monday, February 14, 2005

Yikes!

After so many days without a substantive post, and no pictures, you'd think I'd come back with a real zinger.

Uh, no, I guess not. Here is the most craptastic picture of my Sockapalooza sock. It's poorness is embarassing, but I figure better to show lousy progress than no progress at all.


Despite the picture, I can assure you the sock is turning out quite nicely; I finished the gusset decreases last night, and hope to be done with this first sock by the end of the week.

I spent quite a bit of time working on my Clapotis, as well. This picture is a good deal better:


This is where she is at the end of the 13th repeat of section 3. I'm not too happy with the length (~46 inches right now), so I'm going to add another 3-6 repeats of section 3 before moving on to the decrease rows. I estimate that the decrease rows will add about 8 inches of length, so right now I'm aiming to have a scarf of about 60 - 66 inches. The length it is right now is just too short for me to get any real wear out of it. Of course, I must admit that I'm getting a bit sick of section 3, so I'm none to happy to have to go back and do a few more, but them's the breaks. Fortunately, with the Sockapalooza deadline approaching, it's a good motivator for me to put down Clapotis for a few days, and just focus on socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home