Saturday, February 05, 2005

Sockapalooza (and a bit o' the Clap...)

First, here's a quick update shot of my Clapotis (which, yes, looks exactly like every other Clapotis you can currently find on the internet. That won't stop me from posting new photos, though.).

I've dropped my second stitch, and so far it's been smooth sailing. I'm nearly at the end of my first ball of yarn, so I'm estimating I'll use between 4 and 5 for the whole project. No problem, as I have 7 more in my stash. (So I guess I could make a giant sized Clapper if I wanted...)

On to my socks!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was having some angst about yarn choice and pattern. I got to working on the socks, and had made a good bit of progress by Friday night. See?

(Click for a fuzzy shot that better reflects the actual yarn color.)

This sock is, sadly, no more. I frogged again, for several reasons. First, I made the same mistake (an extra YO) twice on the same side of the sock. Once I could've successfully hidden (which I did), but a second time 6 rows later was just too much. On top of that, I really didn't like the way the pattern was looking with the variegated yarn. I felt the yarn was somewhere between not variegated enough and too variegated to work with the Dimple pattern. So I frogged, and decided to try again with a solid color:

This is a nice heathered purple/redish Regia I bought off Ebay several years ago. (The pic is actually pretty accurate; just imagine a bit more saturation.) So I re-started (that would actually be re-re-re-started, I guess) these socks earlier today. I've got the ribbing and a bit of the first repeat done. I'd like to have the leg done by tomorrow night, which I don't think is completely unreasonable, given that the Superbowl is on tomorrow night, so I'll be busy entertaining myself between commercials. (That was a really long run-on sentence. Sorry.)

So that's my knitting news for the day. The Rainbow Jacket is definitely on the back burner at the moment, but I'm still hoping to have it done in time to wear for Spring (which is rapidly approaching here in Virginia).

Have a good weekend, everyone. Go Patriots!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home