Sunday, February 27, 2005

Finally, Some Pictures

Andrew's gone out for dishwasher detergent, so I finally get to sneak some computer time. :)

Pictures of le Clapotis:


I didn't do much in the way of blocking (I never do), but it was only afterwards that I realized that submerging the scarf in water, and then spreading it out to dry might have an adverse effect on the twist. Oops. I try to encourage it back into a more twisty shape whenever I wear it, and I've been mostly succesful. Every now and then, though, the ends untwist and just sort of flap around. At that point I just want to throw them over my shoulders and pretend I have wings. :)

Token Artsy Shot:


Finally, I've gotten a bit more work done on my Sockapalooza socks. I definitely won't be done by Tuesday, but they are coming along nicely. I have another half-repeat (4 rows) for the leg, and then I'll work on the heel during the Oscars tonight (go Don Cheadle!).



I must confess that I'm rapidly losing interest in these socks. It's not that they're boring to knit, I think I'm just hitting a bit of a knitting slump. I really want to work on my Rainbow Jacket (which has now been frogged back to the cuff), but I know if I focus on that project, the socks will never get done by the deadline. This is, of course, compounded by the fact that a pair of socks usually takes me only two weeks, but I'm dragging this pair out because I don't really want to work on them, but the longer I drag out the process, the longer I have to keep them as my primary project. Yeah, I hate that.

Off to drink some tea. Happy Oscar watching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home