Thursday, February 03, 2005

Clapotis-lightful

I dropped the first stitch on my Clapotis last night. It was quite exciting, and I'm definitely looking forward to dropping a few more.


Click to see a better shot of my first dropped stitch.

As it stands, I still have 12 repeats of section 3 left, so it'll be a little bit longer before this one is off the needles. I am, however, eagerly looking forward to it.

I also started my Sockapalooza socks last night. And frogged them. And started them, and frogged them. I'm giving myself a headache. I think I'm stressing out too much over these socks. The big problem was that I was going to do a cuffed version of the Ocean Socks, since my pal prefers ankle-length socks. The baby cable rib was my undoing. I am willing to state here that baby cable rib on size 0 needles is the invention of the devil. After several frustrated attempts, I gave up, and tried to do regular 1x1 cables. Just as devilish. So I frogged, and gave up for the night.

This morning, I decided to try the Dimple Socks (available here), and rummaged in my stash for different yarn. But now I'm having doubts again. Dammit, I knew there was a reason I seldom knit for other people!

The good thing is is that I've knit the Dimple pattern several times now, so I may just suck it up and go ahead with it. The important thing for me to remember is that even if I'm not thrilled with the combination of yarn/pattern, as long as the socks are well constructed and wearable, I shouldn't be afraid of sending them off to a complete stranger. Right? Then again, if I wouldn't wear them (and I'll wear just about any kind of sock), am I really to expect that someone else will? Grrr. I may just rummage through my stash tonight until I find a yarn to fit the pattern.

Details on my success/failure on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home