Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Clapotis-ing Along

Just a quick update today. Work continues on my Clapotis. I've been wanting to knit one for a while, and was finally galvanized by the chilly temperatures in my office. Of course, now that I'm at a point where I have the knitting time to make the Clapotis, it's not longer frigid in my office. However, that won't stop me from knitting myself another scarf. I have two repeats in the 2nd section left, so I'm hoping I'll get to drop my first stitch tonight. Of course, I also said I was going to start my Sockapalooza socks today, so I may have to make a knitting compromise with myself.

I'm knitting the Clapotis with some wool from Wool in the Woods, in the "Tahitan Sunset" colorway. I bought it off Ebay several years ago, and never did anything with it. The yarn is just the right weight (dk, maybe a bit heavier) for the scarf, and I easily get gauge on size 7 needles. I was a little concerned about the yarn being too scratchy for my neck, but I washed my test swatch and it seems fine.

I wasn't too thrilled with this yarn when I first got it, since the colors were a good bit darker than what was shown on the auction site - I was expecting a muted yellow/purple/red mix, and what I have is more of a dark gold/rust/dark lavendar mix, which just didn't thrill me (which is why it sat in my stash for so many years). I decided to take a chance on it for this project, though, since I'm on the yarn diet, and didn't have anything else really suitable. I was pleasantly surprised. Knitted up, the colors work beautifully together, and I think this will turn into a great Fall scarf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home