Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Measuring Time by Knitting...

Andrew and I watched Alien vs Predator last night. I don't know that I was quite as keen to see this one as he was, but I can always appreciate a brainless sci-fi/action movie with good special effects. This one certainly qualified. Having watched it, though, I can honestly say that I have little desire to ever see it again. The movie was oddly pointless, and by the time it was finished, I honestly felt as though I had fallen into a time warp and lost 90 minutes of my life.

I know this didn't happen because 1) I'm not enough of a conspiracy theorist to belive in random spatial annomalies; 2) Andrew was there with me, and didn't have the same feeling; and 3) I got a good bit of knitting done on the Crusoe sock.

Speaking of the sock, I have another 1/4" to go on the foot, then the toe. I think I could be finished tonight, while Andrew and I watch Predator. (We're going through the series a little backwards. I've never seen Predator, but I'm a big fan of the Alien series- okay, just Alien 1-3. 4 sucked. So I'll be playing catch-up tonight.)

Just out of curiosity - do you think the Alien series is better classified as sci-fi or horror? I prefer to call it a suspenseful sci-fi movie, while Andrew classifies it as a horror movie with sci-fi overtones. Because of this, he has great difficulty understanding why I like the series so much, yet hate horror movies. I insist that Alien is a sci-fi classic, and that I've seen it so many times from such a young age (my mom was a big fan too), that while it may be suspenseful, it is no longer scary. Thus, I can watch and enjoy Alien while still wanting to avoid things like "The Ring" with a passion.

It makes sense to me, at least. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home