Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I Don't Promise

It's just occurred to me that every time I say that "I promise" to do something on this blog, I don't. So I won't do that anymore. I'm not sure why I felt the need to in the first place, probably the part of me that craves approval, but too bad now. No more promising.

Actually, I did take a bunch of pictures yesterday to post, but never quite made it up to the computer. Maybe tonight, maybe not.

A quick progress rundown:

1. Mum's replacement scarf is done. I used more Luna in a simple knit 1 row, purl 1 row, knit 2 rows, repeat until done pattern. The scarf was about 5 1/2 feet off the needles. I washed and blocked, and it stretched (very unintentionally) to over 7 feet. So now the scarf will have pockets.

2. I frogged the NippleHat. I did it before bed one night, so I could just feel depressed and go to sleep. I started again last night, and finished about 1 1/2 inches of ribbing.

3. Finished turning the heel on the Crusoe sock.

4. Worked a few more rounds on Andrew's WaHoo hat. It's progressing much slower than I'd like (and I haven't had much time to work on it), so since it just dropped to 20F here (during the day), I may have to suck it up and work on it in front of him so I can finish quickly.

Today's also one of those peverse knitting days. I brought the rest of my thank-you cards (yeah, I'm way behind) to finish during my lunch hour (after getting a prompting phone call from my mother. What am I, like 12?), and then had to deal with a really nasty, rude call this morning at work. Now I desperately want to knit to de-stress, but feel guilty about not finishing the cards. Maybe I'll go half-and-half.

Happy Tuesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home