Monday, January 31, 2005

An FO Kind of Weekend...

Pictures when I get home from work tonight.

I knocked three projects off my WIP list, and then added one more last night.

I finished the Crusoe socks on Thursday night. I love the way they turned out. They fit perfectly, and are just the kind of funky, brightly-colored socks I love. I wore them to work on Friday, where they got quite a bit of attention.

I hurt my wrist at work on Thursday, so knitting was at a minimum on Thursday and Friday. I finished the sock on Thursday (about an hour), and then did some simple 2x2 ribbing on Friday (another hour). By Saturday I was back to normal, so I got cracking on Mum's replacement hat.

Knitting 3 inches less certainly made the hat knit up much faster (about 12 hours, total). I finished it around 5:00 on Sunday, and immediately seamed it up. While it was upstairs soaking in the sink, I seamed up the pockets on her matching scarf as well. I wasn't too thrilled with the way the seam on the hat turned out. When I knit one for myself, I'll definitely do it in the round. There's really no reason to ruin such lovely cable work with my amateur seaming skills.

After my seaming fun, I cast on for a Clapotis while Andrew and I watched the last 4 episodes of Sex and the City. We've been working our way through the series for the last few months, so it was pretty exciting to reach the end. Anyway, I made it through two repeats of the second part, and then it was time for bed. I really should've cast on for my Sockapalooza socks (I've already picked out yarn and a pattern), but I think I'll wait and start them on February 1st (which yes, I know, is tomorrow).

I took pictures of everything as it was finished, but didn't get around to uploading them to the computer. It was either post pictures, or watch Sex and the City, and well... we know which one won. I really needed to see if Carrie landed up with Big.

Have a good day, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home