Monday, December 06, 2004

Pictures

Having slacked off from blogging for the last few days, I thought it was time to catch up on my photo posting. That, and Andrew is at the library, so I have the computer all to myself. :)

First, more progress on the Fluted Bannister socks. These will definitely be done in time for Christmas, which is a relief.

Coming along nicely, if a bit slowly.

Liz's scarf (the third incarnation of it) is also moving. I originally stared the Multidirectional Scarf, but managed to forget to do the increases, so I had something that looks suspiciously like an elbow after a while. I also wasn't too keen on the garter-stitch look. So I frogged, altered the pattern a bit, and came up with this:

It's not the best of pictures. The colors are a bit more muted, and blend together much nicer in person. It's also in need of a good blocking. I don't love this scarf, but I'm pleased with how it's turning out, certainly more than the geometric scarf in Paton's Grace. Oh, and I never did find that 4th ball of Wool in the Woods silk. Grumble... grumble....

I finished the swatch for my Luna sweater. Before I forget, the "Luna sweater" is actually from the Winter 2003/2004 Vogue Knitting. It's pattern #12, subtitled "Dream Weaver." I don't think I'd call all this cable knitting a "dream" but the yarn is certainly wonderful. Beautiful color, nice hand, doesn't fuzz after repeated knitting and frogging. My only complaint would be it's slight tendency to split, probably due to the high number of plies (8, I think).

Here's the swatch I knit. I finally mastered... well, okay, not mastered, but at least became more proficient at... cabling without a cable needle. My gauge is still off, so I'll have to go up a needle size (at least), but I really enjoyed working with the yarn and the pattern, and I can't wait to get to work on a sweater. In the meantime, I think I might also do a scarf in this pattern, as further practice before tackling the actual sweater. We'll see.

Getting cozy in my knitting bag are two newly-wound balls of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport for the codenamed Fish Scarf:

I think they're looking forward to being knit. ;)

Finally, here's a sneak peak of the Lunchtime Sock. I've half the heel flap done on the second sock, so the end is in sight. This'll be another one that will definitely be done in time for Christmas, much to my relief.

Do you see the pain in the ass YO's and SSK's from Nancy Bush's Schottische Kilt Hose pattern? Yeah, neither do I. Damn variegated yarn. That won't stop me from making three Charlotte's though, of course. Note for 2005: work on yarn attitude consistency, and stop trying PITA patterns with yarns that will cruelly disguise it and make it look like something much simpler and less angst-inducing.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll succeed at that resolution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home