Friday, December 24, 2004

Knitting

The Christmas knitting is done. I finished the last sock this morning. I would've pushed through last night (since I only had 7 rows to go), but I was just too damn tired at 1:00 am. So this morning it was. For your viewing pleasure, here are some shots of the last few gifts:

Heidi's Scarf:

Bernat's Eyelash yarn on size 11 needles. About 8 hours, total.

Liz's Scarf:

Yeah, I know - looks just like the Multidirectional Scarf I had shown last week, right? I wasn't too happy with the way that was turning out (surprise, surprise), so I frogged it. I cast on 21 stitches on 10 1/2 needles with the Filitura di Crosa Luna yarn I have for my sweater. I used up 3 balls, and managed to whip this out in 2 1/2 days - maybe 10 hours total. I landed up loving the final product, and am seriously considering making another one (maybe a bit more slowly) for my aunt Tricia. Certainly after the holidays, though.

Marcia's Hat:

Not the best shot, but. I used Alison's Beginner's Cap pattern. I cast on 96 stitches on size 8 20" circulars, with LionBrand Homespun. The hat was ultra-easy to make, thanks to the pattern. It was also a real bitch, since that yarn absolutely sucks. I'm sure Homespun is great for certain people and certain things, but I hate it. I am hereby making a resolution to knit with that and Bernat's Eyelash as little as possible for the rest of my knitting life. Anyhoo, the hat only took about 8 hours (including time to swear at the Homespun).

Marcia's Fluted Banister Socks:

I used the Fluted Banister pattern from the Six Socks Knitalong (see sidebar). The pattern looks nice, but got really boring after a while. However, I'm sure Marcia will love them. Just for the record, she only got two knitted gifts (compared to my Mum's one knitted gift) because she specifically requested the Hat. Under normal circumstances she would not receive more knitwear than my mom. (And yes, I know that it sounds bad that I put that disclaimer there, but I just want to quash and thoughts that I have a disfunctional relationship with my mother. I mean, my family is disfunctional, but I don't express it in passive-agressive knitwear ways. Usually I'll just bitch about it openly. So there.) :)

So, to recap the Knitting Christmas:
Scarves:
2 (although I should get triple credit for Liz's scarf)
Socks:
3 pairs (pictures of Andrew's Schottische Kilt Hose once they've been opened and put on his feet)
Hat:
1

That's it! It seemed like so much more as I was doing it. Then again, it's been a busy Fall, knitwise. Tonight I'm starting a pair of socks for me, me, me! in Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in the color "Sweetie." I'm deciding between the Crusoe pattern from knitty, or the Making Waves pattern from the Six Socks KAL. I also plan to start Vivian Hoxbro's Rainbow Jacket over the holidays. I bought this kit 3 years ago as a birthday present to myself, started it, messed it up, frogged it, and know I'm going to make a determined effort to re-start it and finish it for the Spring. Updates on that venture as they come!

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://lqwkhzgf.com/ihcn/hyip.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xynnqofc.com/nhlr/adxf.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://lqwkhzgf.com/ihcn/hyip.html | http://mpfjfpbw.com/wbjw/tzlo.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home