Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Lunchtime Sock

Remember that Folk Socks sock I mentioned a while ago? The one whose name I couldn't remember? Well, I finally remembered to look it up this morning, and had to write it down. I remember why I couldn't remember it. The sock is the "Highland Schottische Kilt Hose," featured on pages 94-96 of Folk Socks. Highland Schottische Kilt Hose. Say that five times fast. It shall henceforth be known as "The Lunchtime Sock."

The Lunchtime Sock is progressing well. I have 5 repeats of the leg pattern done, and it now measures 5 1/4 inches, which makes no sense, because upon measuring, one full repeat seems to be 1 inch, and I have 1 1/2 inches of ribbing included in that 5 1/4. Must be a faulty ruler. Anyhoo... I'm debating whether to knit another half-repeat, or a full repeat, or no repeats. Thus making the sock 5 1/4, 5 3/4 or 6 1/4 inches, depending on the faultiness of your ruler. I have until lunchtime tomorrow to decide.

As for the pattern, the SSK's and I are getting along better. Not well, but better. I think our relationship would be improved by a lack of YO's just before the SSK (I don't do menage-a-trois with my knitting), but it is not meant to be.

I definitely have to agree with the Harlot (who wouldn't?). Variegated yarn and patterns just don't work well together (except in rare ocassions). The nice leg patterning is barely visible with the yarn (oh, right... I'm using Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport in Black Watch. Yes, I know the link goes to the Shepard Sock, but I couldn't find the link to the Shepard Sport in the right color, and does it really matter anyway?). Back to the yarn: it's a very nice black/blue/green combo. Very manly. My only concern is the lack of nylon, but I'm hoping they'll hold up to the usual wear-and-tear. I will continue along though, and hope for a miracle after blocking. If not... hey, at least they feel cool.

Oh, and as for a picture... there probably won't be one. They're intended for someone who might actually read this blog if I nagged him too much and he felt the need to one-up me. ;)

3 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://azsburvq.com/rmuh/wgpt.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://yqyvqney.com/hyzi/jmjf.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://azsburvq.com/rmuh/wgpt.html | http://zpgmncur.com/kzni/vhnh.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home