Monday, November 01, 2004

Happy Monday!

This whole daylight savings thing has thrown me totally out of whack (is it ever possible to be "in whack" though?). I kept waking up this morning afraid I had overslept, because it was far too light outside for it to only be 5:30 am. Ugh. It's also rather depressing to think that I'll be getting home after dark everyday now. I liked things better the way it was. (Can you tell I'm resistant to change?)

Anyhoo, Andrew and I were in Woodbridge for Matt's birthday this weekend. We left here on Friday night after I got home from work, and made the trip in a little over 2 hours. We stopped at Panera for dinner, and then a quick trip to Borders so I could check out the new knitting magazines. I got the new Knit and Style, and Interweave Knits. I normally wouldn't get two knitting magazines at once, but they both had several patterns I liked, and I certainly need more projects to think about right now, so it was a good thing. But I guess this wouldn't be a good time to admit that I also ordered a Noro Knits book on Friday, would it? :)

I spent most of Friday night and Saturday knitting (with a brief stop for a nap Saturday afternoon), while Andrew and his dad watched football and bad Halloween movies. We all converged around 6:30, and went out for dinner at Taste of Tandoor, a nearby Indian restaurant. After that we went to Marcia's apartment for cake and gifts (the scarf was a big hit), and we also got to hear about Greg's road trip through New England last week. I must say, for the part of me that's still 12 years old, the highlight of the story was Greg saying that he had spent the night in "Intercourse, Pennsylvania." Yes, I can still be juvenile at times. By the time we were done, it was nearly midnight, so it was back to Greg's house for the night. I went to sleep fairly quickly (that nap really wore me out), but Andrew and Matt stayed up playing soccer and golf on the Gamecube.

Sunday Matt was back in DC running the Marine Corp Marathon, and Andrew and I headed back to C-ville to prepare for trick-or-treaters (and so Andrew could do his Sanskrit exam). I watched some non-scary movies, knitted (up to 62 repeats on The Shawl), and waited for the doorbell to ring.

We got about 12 trick-or-treaters total, in 3 groups. The cutest was a little boy who was probably only 2 1/2 or so. He was old enough to know to grab some candy out of the bowl, but too young to really understand what he wanted or why he was doing it. I finally just handed him some peanunt M&M's with Shrek characters on the back, to try and save him the angst of deciding for himself.

Oh, and for those of you wondering if I dressed up - I wore a nametag to work on Friday that said "Disguised as a Responsible Adult," and Sunday night I wore my Harry Potter scarf (pictures forthcoming), but it was too warm out for all that wool, so I went back to my "responsible adult" disguise pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, we've got a good bit of candy left over, and really unfortunately, I made a point to buy things I knew we'd eat if there was anything left. I'm going to try to remember to bring it all in to work tomorrow, and inflict it on other people.

So now it's back to my regularly scheduled lifestyle, with frequent adjustments for more knitting time (I suspect tomorrow might turn into a marathon, as we watch the polls close). Go vote!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home