Monday, November 22, 2004

Finally, an Update

Pictures over the weekend were held up by my own laziness/tiredness, and the fact that I found out on Sunday that my grandmother had been in the hospital since Friday night. (Yeah, communication in my family is that screwy.) She was apparently suffering from dehydration, which made her dizzy and pass out. They sent her home today, which is good news. It's usually my grandfather that has all the health problems, so this was a bit of a surprise to all of us. Maybe I should send her a Brita for Christmas. :)

On the knitting front, I've been pretty busy lately.

First, The Shawl:

Drying on the floor in the library. One of these days I'll upgrade to a blocking board and pins.

Here's a detail shot:


I wore The Shawl (you know, it really needs a better name...) to work today. It was perfect for the mid-50's weather, and my boss just gushed over it, which was flattering.

I also made progress on Marcia's Fluted Banister sock:

Now that I think about it, I still left the ball band downstairs, so I'm still not sure which Regia colorway that is.

Needing to fill the void left by The Shawl, I started a little scarf for CIC. I started with a double strand of yarn, but it was too big for my needles, and I was hung up on using circs this time, so I re-cast with a single strand, and now I alternate balls each row. Pointless, but it adds a new dimension to otherwise mindless knitting.


Finally, I got some more work done on Liz's geometric scarf, but the more I knit it, the less I like it, so I think I might frog it, and try something a little different with wool yarn. I've got 40 balls of Filatura Di Crosa Luna, so maybe I'll filch 3 for this project. I'm planning two sweaters from the yarn (Butterfly, and one from an IK last year), but I'm sure they won't begrudge 3 skeins for a worthy cause.


Oh, and last but not least, the Lunchtime Sock (also known as the Schottische Kilt Hose) has now finished it's gusset decreases, and is eagerly awaiting a foot and toe. I keep reassuring myself that 1) I won't run out of yarn (may be true, not sure), and 2)I have a month worth of lunch hours to finish this pair, and I won't run out of time (may also be true, equally not sure). What did I say before? Knitting's 50% ambition, 50% success.

As a last funny tidbit, here's some Thanksgiving humor for you. Last year a woman apparently called the Butterball 1-800 help line because she was having problems with her turkey. She wanted to cook it in an oven roasting bag, but didn't have any. She decided to improvise, and grabbed a dry cleaning bag from her husband's suit. The suit was fine, fortunately. Sadly, the turkey came out of the oven shrink-wrapped, as the bag melted right on to the bird. (But damn, I bet the moisture was locked into that sucker!)

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ! I love the shwal pattern. It looks great ! The socks colour is nice too. Looking forward to see your FO comes out.

I've already finished Fluted banister sock and going to finish the cloverleave sock. The next one will me making waves which is my facvourite among these 3.

Eva
http://evashiu.typepad.com

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pharmas bust stylistic hmtd model cropping disclose chefs previous subsidiary foreseeable
lolikneri havaqatsu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home